Rand McNally Update
Rand McNally is a leading GPS device producer that offers innovative navigation products and services. For enhancing the experience, you need to install the Rand McNally update periodically. This will help you to get detailed and accurate information about street maps, roads, and locations. For Rand McNally update, you need to download and install the Rand McNally Dock application on your device. Using the application, you can register your product, install the updates, manage your GPS devices, get the notification about the updates, and much more.
Rand McNally Product Registration
- First of all, open a web browser on your computer system and move to the Rand McNally Dock webpage by typing “randmcnally.com/dock” in the address bar.
- In the next window, click the download link, as per your operating system.
- After the completion of the download process, double-click the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install the application.
- Then, connect your Rand McNally device to the power source and keep it plugged in. This is required for the uninterrupted Rand McNally update process.
- Now, turn on your GPS device by pressing the power button.
- After that, you are required to establish a connection between your system and the GPS device. For this, connect your Rand McNally device to your computer using the USB cable. Make sure you use the USB cable that comes with the purchase of the GPS device.
- Once the connection gets established, you will get the “Connected” status on your GPS device.
- Now, open the Rand McNally dock setup application by clicking its icon from the desktop.
- Initially, it will take a few seconds for the application to get ready. Hence, you have to wait patiently.
- Thereafter, you will be prompted to register your GPS device. Registration is a must for installing the updates.
- For this, you have to provide the basic information in their respective fields. You are required to provide your first and last name, email address, phone number, City, Zip Code, Country, etc. Along with this, you also need to provide the “Serial Number” of your GPS device.
- Once you are done with providing all the information, you have to click the “Submit” icon.
- As a result, you will get a popup box with the successful product registration message.
- Click the “Ok” tab to conclude the process.
Procedure for Update
- Before you start with the Rand McNally Update, you first have to connect your GPS device with your system. For this, you have to use the USB cable that comes within the purchased box. Now, attach one end of the cable to the device and another to the system.
- After that, move to your computer system. Make sure that your system is well connected with the internet. As high-speed internet is needed for the Rand McNally GPS Update.
- Now, open the Rand McNally Dock application by clicking its icon from the desktop.
- On the main screen of your navigation device, you will find the Update button. If the button is green and active, it will indicate that the update is available. However, if the button is grey in color, then it means that your device is up-to-date.
- If the update is available, then click the “Update Available” button.
- Further, the application will start searching for the available updates on your Rand McNally GPS device.
- Afterwards, it will show you the available update, its estimated time, size, and the number of files to be downloaded. Now, you have to click the “Begin Download” icon.
- This will start downloading the update on your system. The update might take a few minutes to get completed, hence, wait patiently. You can also review the process through the progress bar.
- Once the update gets successfully downloaded, a completion message will display on your screen.
- The next step of the Rand McNally Update is to transfer the update to your GPS device. For this, you have to click the “Transfer” icon.
- By doing so, the transfer process will begin. You have to wait patiently until the transfer process gets completed successfully.
- After the successful completion of the process, a completion message window will appear.