Rand Mcnally is one of the most used GPS tools that provides users with an excellent route map. It helps the users to navigate and find the most convenient way to reach the destination. Thus, for smooth and better performance, the users are suggested to keep updating their device. Moreover, when the user update the Maps, they will get the accurate and exact information on the route map.
Rand McNally is a trusted and reliable organization that manufactures numerous GPS devices. Furthermore, it is known for manufacturing advanced GPS devices for cars, trucks, and RVs. In addition to this, they have been working on providing safety, connectivity, and an enhanced traveling experience.
All Rand Mcnally GPS devices have unique and advanced GPS features that help users make their ride or tour smoother and more comfortable. Additionally, the users are suggested to update their device via the Rand McNally Dock software. Thus, the Rand McNally Dock software is compatible with all operating systems.
All users are suggested to follow the instructions below regarding how to update Rand McNally maps with Rand Mcnally dock. Apart from the steps provided below, the user can also take help from the Rand McNally experts.
Steps to Download & Install Rand Mcnally Dock Software
The users can easily download Rand McNally Dock software for free on their system. Rand McNally Dock provides the users with free software upgrades and access to the GPS map updates. Moreover, through the Dock, the user can access the device’s user guide. So, to download the software, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the web browser.
- After that, in the address bar, enter the official address, i.e., www.randmcnally.com.
- When the user visits the official website, they will be asked to click on the link provided below to download the installation file.
- Once the user hits on the download link, then the “.exe” file will start downloading on the system.
- Note: For Mac device also there is a download link provided. So, all mac users are suggested to click on the download link.
- After that, the user account control pop-up will appear on the screen.
- Then from there, click on “Yes.”
- After this, click on “Next” to start installing the “Rand McNally Dock” software on the system.
- Then the License Agreement page will appear on the screen.
- After that, tap on the “I agree the terms of the license agreement.”
- Then click on the “Next” option.
- Note: After this, the users will be asked to select the disk drive where the product’s file will be downloaded.
- Then click on “Next.”
- After that, click on the “Install” option.
- Then the installation process will start.
- After that, the users are suggested to save the file on the system.
- Then select the downloaded file and tap on the “Run” option to start the installation process.
So after applying all these steps, the Rand McNally Dock will get installed on the system.
Steps to update Rand McNally Maps With Rand McNally Dock
Once the user is done with the installation process, they are suggested to move further to do Rand Mcnally GPS Update and Maps Update. Thus, here we have described the steps through which the user can easily update Rand McNally Maps via Rand McNally Dock.
- First of all, connect the GPS device with the system.
- Note: Make use of the USB cable to connect one end of the cable to the device and the other one to the system.
- After that, ensure that the system is properly connected to the wireless network.
- Then open the Rand McNally software.
- Now locate the “Update” button. In case if the button is green and active, then it means that the update is available. If the button is in grey, then it indicates that the device is up-to-date.
- The users are suggested to tap on the “Update Available” button if the update is available.
- Then the software will start looking for the updates available on the GPS device.
- It will show the available update, size, estimated time, and the number of files to be downloaded.
- After that, the users are suggested to click on the “Begin Download” icon.
- Now the updates will start downloading on the system.
- The users are suggested to wait because it might take a few minutes to get completed.
- Now once the update gets downloaded successfully, then a completion message will appear on the screen.
- Now the next step is to transfer the update to the GPS device.
- Then the users are suggested to click on the “Transfer” button.
- Now the transfer will begin starting and wait for the process to get completed.
- After that process gets complete, a completion message will appear on the screen.
So, through the steps provided above, it would have become easy for all users to download the Rand Mcnally Dock software. In addition to this, the user can easily update the Rand McNally Map via Rand Mcnally Dock software.