How to Solve Rand McNally Dock will not Install Problem?
This is a comprehensive guide on resolving the Rand McNally Dock installation error. Make sure you follow each step carefully to resolve the error from its root.
What is Rand McNally Dock?
Rand McNally Dock is an important application that is designed to keep your Rand McNally navigation device updated. It is an important part of GPS devices as it keeps it updated with the latest maps and software. The user-friendly interface of the application helps the users to update their device smoothly, effectively, and conveniently.
Reasons Behind Installation Error
To make the proper use of the Rand McNally GPS device, you must use the application. So, you have to download and install the application on your computer system to make the most of your GPS device. However, you might face the installation error due to several reasons. Some of the common reasons behind the error are:
- Interrupted internet connection
- Downloaded the wrong setup file
- Computing device is not compatible
- Faulty Installation process and others.
Troubleshooting Methods For Resolving Rand McNally Dock Not Installing Error
For the smooth and hassle-free performance of the Rand McNally dock application, you have to resolve the “Rand McNally Dock will not Install” issue quickly. In order to resolve the error, you have to follow the troubleshooting methods given below.
Method 1: Make sure you have downloaded the correct setup file
On facing the error, first, you have to check the setup file you have downloaded. It is suggested to download the setup file again to resolve the error. Follow the given process for the download process.
- Launch an internet browser and type “randmcnally.com/dock” in its address bar.
- Once you reach the Rand McNall webpage, scroll down the screen and choose the operating system on which you want to install the file. Make sure you make the right selection.
- On clicking the link, the setup file compatible with that OS will start downloading on your system.
- Wait for a few minutes for the completion of the download process.
Method 2: Check and make sure that your system is compatible
For an error-free installation process, you first have to make sure that your system is compatible with the application. Your system must fulfill the operating system, hard disk space, and other requirements. Fulfilling these requirements will make your system ready for the Rand McNally dock application.
Method 3: Use supported and upgraded web browser
To solve the problem, you have to use the web browser that is supported by the application. Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 4, and Opera 10 are the browsers that are supported by Rand McNally. Also, you must use the upgraded version of your browser.
Method 5: Others
In case your error is still not resolved, you can try some other troubleshooting methods. These general troubleshooting methods are:
- Try the incognito window
- Reboot your internet router
- Try using another web browser
- Clear browser’s cache file or history
- Try diagnostic and repair tool